Cappelen Damm Akademisk offers Open Access publishing of scholarly monographs, anthologies and other writings on NOASP. Publication on NOASP guarantees that the text has been peer-reviewed and satisfies the strict requirements and standards for scientific publication.
Why publish Open Access with us?
- We provide professional editorial support, peer review, publishing and marketing.
- Your book will reach a wider audience within the research communities in Norway and internationally.
- Our platform has a clean, responsive design and reader-friendly presentation of books and authors.
- Our books are published in several formats for optimal searchability (XML, HTML) and legibility on PCs, tablets and smart phones (PDF, EPUB).
- Our books are uploaded to the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) to optimize dissemination and searchability, for example via Google Scholar, as required by publication funds in Norway.
- A print-on-demand option or a limited print run can be arranged if a printed edition is desired in addition to the digital publication.
- We are an accredited Level 1 publisher of scholarly literature, in the Open Access arena as well traditional publishing.
Cappelen Damm Akademisk/NOASP is a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) and authorized by the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB).
All books published on NOASP are released under open licenses from Creative Commons, and authors always retain copyright. The most frequently used license, the so-called “CC BY” (Creative Commons Attribution license), is also the least restrictive. The CC BY permits third parties to freely read, download, copy, print, redistribute or use the content for any legal purpose provided the copyright holder is appropriately credited. Other, more restrictive Creative Commons licenses can be more appropriate under certain circumstances.