Information Literacy is an indispensable handbook for students and researchers who are writing exams, essays, articles and theses. All the technical and formal sides of written academic work are described in this book. In addition, it illustrates how you may benefit from choosing the best and most relevant information Sources available to you.
• Get the most out of the many services provided by a research library
• Search effectively online and in electronic databases
• Cite different kinds of sources
• Cite others’ writing in your own work
• Evaluate source credibility
• Use footnotes and other citation forms
• Avoid copying and plagiarism
• Create correct and complete reference lists
• Organise sources in a clear and structured manner
• Structure your own writing process
The electronic issue was originally printed as 1st edition. Oslo: Cappelen Damm, 2014.